Mix Engine FXMix Engine FX is a new audio plug-in paradigm that allows deeper integration into the mix engine of the host application. Conceptually, a single plug-in instance is added to a summing channel (bus, main or sub out) in a dedicated slot that can process the unmodified audio signal of the individual source channels in addition to the regular processing of the summed signal. This enables a whole new range of sonic results.
For more information, please contact us.
PreSonus Audioloop File Format
The PreSonus Audioloop format is a container for storing audio together with musical meta data like tempo and slicing information. It is solely based on other widely adopted open standards which makes it straight forward to implement in existing music software applications.
File Format SpecificationAudioloops and Musicloops have been introduced by PreSonus with Studio One 2.0. The file format specification is available here.Download Specification
A special flavor of this format called PreSonus Musicloop adds the benefit of preserving musical performance data together with instrument and effect preset data.
ARA Audio Random AccessARA Audio Random Access is a pioneering extension for existing audio plug-in interfaces co-developed by Celemony and PreSonus. ARA expands the communication between plug-in and DAW, allowing the plug-in for the first time musical access to the audio data.
For more information, please visit celemony.com/ara
PreSonus Plug-In Extensions
Studio One supports audio plug-ins in VST2, VST3, ReWire and Audio Unit format. These technologies are maintained by their respective owners and you have to download the appropriate SDK separately. Additionally, Studio One supports host-specific extensions to the original SDKs:
DownloadFeel free to integrate these enhancements in your plug-in or adapt them for your host.It requires the VST3 SDK to compile. Download Source Code
- NEW: Query key switches from VST2 instrument plug-ins (Studio One 4.5 and later)
- Notifications for cloned plug-in instances in low-latency processing mode (Studio One 3.5.2 and later)
- Remote control host channel volume, mute, solo, etc. from plug-in (Studio One 3.2.1 and later)
- Gain reduction reporting to the host application (Studio One 3 and later)
- High DPI scaling notifications for plug-in GUIs on Windows (Studio One 3 and later) - check out this screenshot taken at 200% scaling to compare the size of high-DPI-enabled GUIs vs. standard resolution.
- Access context information like channel names, colors, etc. (Studio One 2.6 and later).
- Per-parameter commands for audio plug-ins related to automation and mapping to control surfaces.
Support for embedding plug-in views into the single-window work environment of Studio One.
A good example is the ARA-enabled version of Celemony's Melodyne which appears at the same place
as the built-in editors, without the standard plug-in header controls.
- Support for sizable plug-in editors in VST2 using a similar mimic to VST3.
DISCLAIMER: The PreSonus Plug-In Extensions are host-specific extensions of existing proprietary technologies, provided to the community on an AS IS basis. They are not part of any official 3rd party SDK and PreSonus is not affiliated with the owner of the underlying technology in any way.